4.11.2011

Soap In Stock!

It's about time!

I've been slacking lately.  With bridal shower orders and preparing for in house parties at our shop, there just wasn't any time to work on soap!  But this past weekend, while the weather was beautiful and with the kitchen windows open, I got to work.  We now have full batches (an double batches of some!) of the following bar soaps:

Almond Essential Oil Bar Soap - this batch turned out nice and smooth.  The ground almonds are a little finer than I would like but the bar turned out wonderfully and smells great!
Carrot Neem Face Soap - this one had to be made in a double batch.  With all the orders I've been getting on Etsy and Artfire along with customers through my website and at my shop, I had to make 40 bars. This batch turned out wonderfully.  It's nice and creamy from the carrot juice and has just enough litsea cubeba essential oil to blend nicely with the neem oil used for superfatting.
Lemon Verbena - this scent used to be made in beer soap.  Last summer, I made beer soap using Summer Shandy.  However, since I started creating beer soap for Miller Brewing Company, I'm going to stop using their beer products for beer soap at my shop (which will be back in stock soon by the way!)  The yellow swirls in this bar didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but the bar still smells delicious!
Mauna Loa Volcano Soap - I recently ran out of this soap and had to make more because it's so popular.  The soap was still at thin trace when I tried swirling the black soap into the white bulk of the recipe so unfortunately the bar turned out a bit gray looking.  Other than that, the bar smells great an there was a nice dispersion of pumice through out the bar.  NOTE: for those of you who love Mauna Loa but don't like the Volcano (pumice) part of the soap, you are in luck!  I will soon be creating a batch of beer soap using this scent so you'll be able to get this awesome scent in a soap sans pumice.  Awesome!
Nag Champa - This is another scent that was used in beer soap and ever since, it has been a big hit!  Since then it has been made in candles, lotions, body butter, moon melts, tea lights and more.  This batch turned out great with lovely swirls of green.  As it cures, the bar will probably turn a muddy brown color from the fragrance oil used.  But that's okay because it adds to the "hippiness" of the bar and you'll still be able to see the nice swirls!
Red Apple - this on has been out of stock for a while because I just didn't know what to do with the bar.  The first time times I made it, I put curls of red into the batch.  The last time I made it I put round red soap balls in the batch.  These both looked great but was very tedious for one of my basic recipe bar soaps.  So many of my bars are swirled with color or a solid color so this time, I did a layer of deep red across the top and I think it looks great!
Soapy Clean - my good friends aunt came in last week and snatched up my last few bars of Soapy Clean.  This bar is really popular so I shouldn't have let it go as long as I did, but Soapy Clean is now back in stock!

Until next time, remember: Even clean people need soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment